Recent Posts

Saturday, May 14, 2011

My original title was slightly offensive.

I want to come out of the closet about an issue I have struggled with my whole life. I’ve tried to change, but I just can’t. It’s not a conscious decision I personally made…I was just born this way. God created me like this. I don’t want anyone to think less of me as an individual, but I can’t hide such a crucial part of my personality anymore.

I don’t see it as an illness, or a personality disorder, or any sort of character flaw. For that reason, I’ve decided to let the world know this about me. I LOVE McDonald’s filet of fish sandwiches. I said it. I’m not hiding in shame anymore. It’s just who I am. No longer will I purchase these tartar sauce covered pieces of heaven exclusively from the drive-through window. No longer will I blatantly lie to friends about liking this sandwich. No longer will I only enjoy it's extra buttery buns quarantined in the back corner of McDonald’s with one special friend who wishes to remain anonymous (but if you want a hint, she wears a size 7). I am a fillet of fish lover and I’m okay with it. I know what you must be thinking. This must come to you as a shock. Please still be my friend.

And just for the record, if you have noticed McDonald’s has a double-decker filet of fish (yeah, it’s new), don’t worry. I won’t eat that. And also for the record, I don't know what this sandwich consists of. Does anyone? I don't know...I just...I just like it...

6 comments:

Megan Bleazard said...

This is SO funny because when I am pregnant I really, really, like love filet of fishes! Brock makes fun of me and loves to tell everyone,(so I can get the nasty grossed out faces) I will admit it is embarrassing! LOL I am glad there is somebody out there who likes them too! haha. oh and yes, on occasion I have ordered them and I wasn't pregnant... that can be our secret!

ashley mikell said...

I LOVE this post. It's ok. I go to McDonald's and pound a BigMac about once every two weeks. I crave them after we go swimming and when we come home from the temple. Weird? Yes, but delicious. My mouth waters when I see those golden arches.

Morgan said...

HI-LARIOUS.

Camille said...

GOOD FOR YOU!!! I can't say I've ever had one, and may not ever, but I definitely have my guilty fast-food pleasures. I know some people have severe adversions to the chicken nuggets from McD's because of "how they're made," but I haven't ever learned and don't plan on it... cause I love those little nuggets of goodness.

The Facers said...

Um, who doesn't have fast food guilty pleasures, because I sure do!! Mmmm...mmm..mmm, I'm loving' it!!!

Alisha Beecher said...

Hahahahaha I just read this aloud to Garrett and laughed so hard. And, don't worry, it's not so bad. I ate much worse when I was a weight loss mentor!