Recent Posts

Friday, November 19, 2010

As a general rule, I am not friends with Harry Potter-ers.

Ok, I lie. I am. But our friendship is estranged during the movie premieres. And please, don’t offer me any of those Harry Potter jellybeans.

I've read some of the books. I even went to a movie or two. I TRIED! I don’t know…fantasy is just not my cup of tea. In fact, I find it disturbing. I cried during the Wizard of Oz when I was forced against my will to participate in a field trip to the play in 5th grade. I hate Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Oompah Loompas could have a cameo in Poe's dark writing, for all I know). I refuse to watch Alice in Wonderland. Narnia? Don’t even ask.

It’s just strange. Strange to the point of scary. Is there a synthesis of the two?
Anyway, I DO love this…and it has to do with Harry Potter. Who knew? My friend Marcella sent this wonderful news story to me. I DIED. Thank you KSL.


ksl.com - Utahns trying to make quidditch catch on

Don’t even act like you are surprised to see this. We all knew it was coming. And a World Cup? Can’t deny that I’d be first in line for tickets. I told Marcella I’d have to get waterproof mascara so my face isn’t dripping like it was the 3rd time I watched this great video.



You think this is a BYOB (bring your own broom) thing? Mine would love a moment of glory, although the likelihood of me impelling someone would probably be dangerously high.

7 comments:

Marcella said...

YAY! Love the post! I can't wait to go to the "world cup"! Love the broom! I just love "those seekers."

ashley mikell said...

haha so funny! We saw the new movie and LOVED it. surprise surprise since usually I couldn't agree with you more.

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

I hate harry. I can not get into any of that stuff...especially twilight. Loved this post and thanks for the link to the article. Hilarious!

Matt and Amanda Ekman said...

Haha that is hilarious! I love that they have that one guy running around as the "snitch" and the people chase him the whole time I was dying!

Rachel Sharp said...

aaahahaha this is the best thing I have ever seen. You know how I love HP, but even I admit this is taking it a little far. I think it is the swim noodles which served as brooms that pushed me over the edge.

Rick said...

I hate Harry Potter and I love you Ashton, I'm glad those don't conflict. I really like reading your blog by the way, it really makes me laugh out loud at work sometimes

Alisha Beecher said...

i just LOL-ed all over the place