Recent Posts

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Bow Chika Bow Wow

Excuse our absence from the blog world as I felt I should undergo a mental health rehabilitation after I finished hair school in September. It was in the best interest of us all. Taylor Andrews was great, but when being surrounded 60+ younger girls’ escapades 48 hours a week tried my sanity, I pretended to be a reality show contestant. I read magazine headlines now with great empathy for Heidi Montag and Kourtney Kardashian (it’s not their fault they’re lives are jacked). Truly though, I learned the most I felt I could from our instructors and am glad I continued my post-graduate education at cosmetology school. It's definitely no substitute for college or a college social life, but there are few things in this world more gratifying than making someone feel beautiful. Even if it is only for 4-6 weeks.

I’m thrilled to announce I’m back to not so anxious, happy, sane Ashton, so I can initiate communication with the outside world again. Ok, so I wasn't THAT bad, but still. I needed a break from life.

In my absence from cyber world, my old friends kept me entertained in REAL life and we did so many fun things! AND…I finally took pictures!


Backstreet Boys concert with my friends and sweet husband.


Favorite part of the night: eating popcorn we found under someone's chair.


Loved this car we parked next to!




I seriously have the FUNNEST HUSBAND EVER!! I don't care that it's not a word!!!




Dave Matthews...maybe one of Brian's favorite events of the year. I think Dave is boring, but there were 5483780297348502 other people there who thought otherwise. His guitar player bore a strange resemblance to Lil Wayne. If I didn't know he was in jail, I would have paid more attention. Anyway, I loved that Brian loved it, so we enjoyed it.




Cooper’s Run…not really a run, but a little joggy-walk benefitting a preschool. This little guy Cooper had the most disturbingly tragic death, but in memoriam his family just wanted to give back to the community. They did an incredible job and it was truly a touching celebration. Still, my friends and I were teary most of the run.




Even some of Cooper's little preschool classmates participated.




Also, Jackie, Natalie and I ran the Disneyland Half Marathon! INCREDIBLE. Disney was so organized, even with over 12,000 participants. We ran through Disneyland (ALL the characters were there!!), California Adventure, and Angel Stadium. Thanks for letting me steal your pics Natty.





Early enough to not have realized how far down my shirt have fallen. Sorry.
PS Jackie ran this after having a baby...she'd been up since like 2:30 AM, then stayed up til 4:30, ran 13.1 miles, and then went to Disneyland. Yeah...I know.





I'm sure I was in the Port-O-Potty behind them. Truly, running is a total cleanse.

Before I graduated, I was able to assist NAHA nominee Chad Seale at a live photo shoot in Trolley Square. This is 100% his work, of course, but a couple of friends and I loved being able to help make hairpieces and observe the whole makeup, wardrobe, and photography process. I adore the last picture.







The girl overseeing wardrobe had such fun pieces.








Awesome. So happy to be a part of that shoot!

I love love love (um, obsess over?) photo shoots and shows now, whether it’s being involved or part of the audience. It’s a complete fantasy world where extreme is good. High fashion lets your creativity go unreserved, and overindulgence in texture, color, and height is appreciated. Unless you’re into some certain drugs, nowhere else does this magical realm exist.

Oh, not to be overlooked, I beheld with mine own eyes the ugliest dog I have ever seen in my life. Luckily, I had my camera so I could snap a picture and then gawk at it later. Unfortunately, you can’t see much from the picture. Imagine this: Great Dane+Poodle+Pug eyes. Trust me, it was hideous.




Not hideous = Zoe.
My family finally got a puppy after I left the house. I guess the ever-growing hamster/fish graveyard in the backyard got to my Dad after rodent funeral services for both Beyonce (my sister's hamster) and Beyonce 2 (Beyonce's successor). RIP Beyonces.

This little puppy is the baby of our family now. Zoe is a Maltese Shih Tzu mix, and gets to have lots of pictures on my blog considering she's undoubtedly the cutest thing to grace my blog page.













So anyway, now that I'm done with school, I'm spending some time at home and am plotting to take over the world. Brian is done with school in December! Woooooooooo. After visiting Las Vegas and Phoenix the last couple weeks to look for jobs and places to live, I’ve decided Plan A, Plan B, and Plan B2 will all likely fail. I’m continuing with my life’s blueprint on a blank page so that when Brian is graduated, we can hit the ground running. Or at least on our feet.

And hopefully in cute shoes.

6 comments:

Michael, Mindy, and Dane said...

You crack me up. I love your blog. Sounds like you've been having fun. I'm sure you're stoked to move! Are you hoping to teach? Wait...did you do education? Or just English? Why can't I remember this...

The Facers said...

Glad you're back! Definitely know what you mean by needing a break after hair school. Lets just say almost 6 years ago and still glad its over! :)

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

Wow your title caught my attention! I am so glad you are back! Does that mean we can do fro-yo and skype Jessie this week? I love the marathon pics...I am so doing that with you next year. Your families new dog is adorable, I want. Brian is such a good sport to go to Backstreet boys. I took Billy to Britney ha! Wow I should probably just call you because I have way too much to say about your post! LOVE YOU!!

Logan said...

I love it. Cooper's family is in my home ward. Such a sad thing. I was out of town when they had the run, and was sad I had to miss it. Glad you've been up to all kinds of fun things!

C&C said...

I love that your husband went to the BSB. And sorry about Dave Matthews...everyone in my hometown is obsessed and I don't get it. Your family's dog is adorable and I don't even like dogs. way to go on the 1/2 marathon! so many random things to say...

leila said...

So I just went through all your new posts, glad to have you back in the publishing world. And loved the pics!!Leila