Recent Posts

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

April and it's still snowing. Lovely.

I love me some blog stalking, but I haven’t actually made a post…sorry. Some highlights of the past couple months:

Grant! Brian’s brother Grant came home from his mission in Chile! We enjoyed being in Arizona with his WHOLE family…and the “whole family” included a few more members than Grant remembered leaving behind! Annnd I can’t resist mentioning the fresh orange juice everyday. Love love love. If we end up in AZ, I insist on having a few orange trees so my in-laws won’t have to watch me sneak out of their backyard with a purse full of oranges on a weekly basis.

Boot camp. Eww. Whatever would possess me to pay to get my butt kicked every morning at 6 is beyond me. I thought it would be a good way to kick-start a workout regimen in preparation for my end of summer event with Natalie, when in all actuality it just made the whole month a blur. I was so tired I don’t even remember most it. Except for the orange juice, of course.

Spring Break! No, no Spring Break for us super devoted and studious hair school students, but I took one with my family. Brian and I enjoyed a whole week away from the real world to visit Virginia/D.C. I could go on and on about the necessity of getting away from “real life,” but I’ll spare you all. Not only was the weather AMAZING, so was the scenery. So beautiful! I would love to live on the East Coast. Check back for pictures someday.

Go Duke. Every year, my friends and I make brackets for March Madness. The friends I’m with on a day-to-day basis have changed from years past, but one thing stayed the same…none of them really know what’s going on in basketball. And that’s why we’re friends. So, we all just guessed whatever teams we wanted and put an OPI nail polish into the pool. I volunteered Brian to score them all for us. Thanks Brian! The winner will let you use the polish of your choice, just one time.

Legally blonde. Natalie and I went to see Legally Blonde on Broadway! Just kidding. (If anyone wants to go to NY though and happens to have a plane for me to fly on for free…I’d be glad to go). We went to see it in Salt Lake when the production made a stop here for a few days. We were so lucky to get tickets! I LOVED having a girls night out!



Hair show. Each year for Taylor Andrew’s annual hair show, they assign a theme, and all 4 schools in the state participate. This year, the theme is fairytales. My group is doing a Pirates of the Caribbean (is that a fairytale…?) theme. The focus is on the hair, but I’m learning just how much goes into a show! From finding the right models to the music to the clothes, there’s a lot to consider besides just the hair. Faatemah from the show "Shear Genius" is hosting…exciting! Our show is in May, so come!

Other than that, Brian and I have just been spending hours upon hours at school! I'm trying to get to 2,000, and he's just trying to get done! I'm eagerly awating the day when we'll have more time to hang out together. Someday...

8 comments:

Morgan said...

Solution: Quit school and come visit us.

Miss Priss Morgan said...

I don't know if you know me, but we went to the same high school and you are just adorable! I have a quick suggestion for your blog... Post more pictures of you so I can totally copy your outfits, I love your style!

Team Carter said...

the east coast is beautiful. I want to live there again! someday. so jealous you got to see legally blonde. you are so cute! i want to see pictures of these hairstyles you do.

leila said...

Move to Arizona and I will DEED you two...or three of my trees. How can we convince Brian and Grant to jump on the orange juice lovefest bandwagon?

KimmyJ said...

I wanna come to the show! I am so glad you finally put up a post..I've been waiting.

Amy Vanus said...

you are the greatest!

Natalie said...

So when did you get so into orange juice?

ashley archer-hayes said...

hahah morgan. you would.

ashton my darling girl, please let me know next time you'll be visiting arizona. i happen to live in mesa. annnnd it would be fabulous to see you!!!