Recent Posts

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Fourth!



This Fourth of July, I tried to keep each food item on my paper plate safe from the inevitable domination of the salsa. I don’t appreciate my favorite homemade salsa’s disregard for personal space with other food on my plate.

As I barbecued with my family and quickly downed my mildly spicy watermelon before I went to work, I realized how lucky I am. No, blessed. I am truly overwhelmed with gratitude at this time of the year . I was surrounded by family, friends, and had time to relax and contemplate how unbelievably blessed I’ve been.

Some things I’m grateful for this year:

1.Getting engaged!
2. Graduating.
3. Colby’s mission. And Brian’s brother’s mission, too. The boys’ sacrificing their time inspires and motivates me everyday.
4.…and they will be back next Fourth!
5. Brian and I both have good jobs.
6. Las Vegas! And all that it entails (weather, city, family, food, friends, lights).
7. The beach. LOVE IT. I’ll have been able to have gone 3 times by the end of the summer!
8. Good books.
9. My family. Everyone loves their family, but mine seriously leaves me in awe. This includes even my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. I have such great role models.
10. Direction in life. My life has taken a sharp turn in a completely unexpected direction, but I couldn't be happier. Funny how everything falls into place.

4 comments:

Jayci said...

those are such nice things to be so grateful for! :o) Happy Independence Day!!

Morgan and Stuart said...

I can't wait for August! So excited for you guys!

Joeley said...

amen sista! we are a blessed people!

Kendyl Carol Bell said...

Girl you are living right and you deserve all of the happiness in the world. I wish some of what you are experiencing would rub of on me! hahahaha