Recent Posts

Monday, March 30, 2009

Ode to Caffeine

Yeah, I know it's bad for you. But so is putting on mascara while you're driving. I still do that.

I am finally done with student teaching! I am so happy to be able to sleep again. If you have seen me in the past 3 months and wondered how I am so happy with so little sleep...I'm not. It's the caffeine.

I want to give a shout out to every Diet Coke, Diet Coke with Lime, Cherry Coke, Mountain Dew, Monster, and RockStar (notice the progression of this chronological list) I have chugged in the wee hours of the last 3 months. Without you, I would be nothing. Without you, I would have my name etched into a desk or graffitied in a bathroom stall. Without you, I would have been tardy more than my 12th grade students. You have fully converted me from only drinking water. I love you.

So thank YOU, Coke products and energy drinks, for allowing me to give a beautiful imitation of coherence, awareness, and sanity.

10 comments:

Alexandria said...

amen to that! i'll be up all night every night for the next two weeks wrapping up finals... corner maverick (my caffeine supplier) here i come!

Alexandria said...

p.s. about the ice cream place: it sure is in idaho! main street in rexburg. come and visit me ashton and i will take you there. ps are you going to be in utah this summer?

The Facers said...

I love that! You will find it is a main source when you are a mom as well. It's a vicious cycle!

Team Carter said...

I love coke and dr. pepper. and i'm glad you also appreciated BHC (beverly hills chihuahua...yes i did make up an acronym for it). you're adorable. and that cat picture is creepsville.

JordanGuy said...

By wee hours do you mean 7:00 in the morning? I also love caffeine, but I inject it straight into my veins. It gets me going. But, congrats on finishing teaching. Seriously, awesome!

Melissa & Chris Wood said...

Ashton you are so funny! Chris is the same way, I swear we go through a 12 pack of diet coke every two days! Hey I just remember in high school when we would go to parties and you would get Mormon drunk, oh what a rockstar can do to you! oh the good old days!

Jayci said...

haha!! A 'beautiful imitation'. :oP You need to meet my brother in law. You're hilarious. He's hilarious. Voila.

Michelle said...

Diet Coke and applying makeup while driving?!!?
Who taught you such a thing...your mother?!?
Love, Your Mother

The Facers said...

I heard a rumor about you...a good one...you need to hit up Mel De and give me ALL the info.....STAT!!

P.s.I don't have your number anymore between my new numbers and phones and I doubt you have mine as well...here's my email so we can exchange...sweethairdos@yahoo.com

The Perkinsons said...

Hey girl! Im so glad you found my blog! Its funny who you can find when you start "blog surfing"! ha ha. I expect to be added to your contact list :) It seems like you have a few things you could write about to update your blog!!!!!! luv ya! Talk to you soon!