Recent Posts

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Is it weird to blog about homework?


Sundays always make me miss my family at home! This weekend I've been all alone while all my roommates are out of town. I've missed them, but it's been a perfect weekend for some quiet reflection!

I had to read this book for a class a few weeks ago, and I absolutely loved it! I highly recommend it for anyone with a few hours to spare. Not only does it have a great message, It's a quick, easy read with pretty blatant symbolism. Think fables.

I know, I know...I sound so nerdy. But I truly did find this book inspiring. My copy is all marked up and highlighted now because there are so many great lines in it! It made me consider my current situation in my own life.The Alchemist will give you the extra (and usually much needed!) push to follow your dreams, no matter where you are in your life right now.

Read it over Thanksgiving!

9 comments:

Petersen's said...

thanks for the book advice.. i love good books too! you will love secondary. I mean it is challenging, but so much fun! we are old... let's try not to think about it!!!

Kathy's Boys said...

I will have to read the book too. I love short easy reading books and will only read if they have a good message!! I'm going to add you to my blog list if you don't care. I love seeing all of you cute girls and what you are up to. We are so excited for Landry! It is hard to send them out, but it just so awesome too.

Team Carter said...

you are so cute. and no, you are not a loser for writing about a book. i seriously need to read more. have you ever read "these is my words"? i heard it's way good...that might be one of my holiday reads.

The Proctors said...

What class did you read it for?

Michael & Mindy said...

Hey! Today Becky told me you had a blog so I wanted to check it out and say hey!

Linda Bandley said...

Ha ha! I read it and hated it! That's funny... how are you doing Ashton?

Xela, Michael, and Arian said...

It was a good book. Definitely the best one we read for Vogel's class!

Matt and Tanya Wonderly said...

Hola amiga! No baby no baby here. It is something we are looking forward to! Haha. We will prob. start trying in the Spring time. Matt and I live on the East side of Provo..what about you? We should get together and have lunch sometime!!

JordanGuy said...

Did you know that he is a Brazilian writer? I have the book in Portuguese and they totally butchered the English version. I'm glad you liked it, I was inspired by this tale.