Recent Posts

Sunday, September 14, 2008

My Tutu 22 Birthday!!





I can't get rid of that giant space about this. BUT...

I turned 22 on the 10th! Can you believe that? I am so old now. Anyway, for my birthday a bunch of my girlfriends went with me to dinner. We wore tutus because I am "two-two"...get it? Tutu, two two (a boy told me I sound like a choo choo train when I was telling him this). Haha It was SO much fun. Dressing up really never gets old.


We walked into the restaurant and just happened to be sitting in this big banquet room alongside a big group of dad-age men, which made the whole thing even better. They didn't say anything, just looked at us...but they couldn't fool us. That blank stare couldn't mask their barely-restrainable jealousy in wishing they had a tutu too...I mean, also. I DO sound like a train now.

Some pics from the night:






I really loved my whole tutu entourage.












I am SO lucky to have some of the greatest friends in the world. We're at this weird age when we're all trying to figure out life and make big decisions, and it's tough...but I don't know where I would be without so many of them right with me. I also went down to Las Vegas this weekend and was reminded how blessed I am to have such an amazing family. Where would I be without them? I have such incredible people all around me!

Sorry to get mushy, but ever since I turned 22 I have this infinite amount of wisdom. Lots to say when you're old and wise, you know? I should start writing my memoirs.

9 comments:

JordanGuy said...

Tutu!!! ahhhhh, the big 22. Great thang that you are so young at heart and happy all the time. Love the pics. I'm glad my camera was used to take beautiful pics of beautiful girls.

Team Carter said...

we do need to hang out more even though ella's closed. we could come up with a place/ritual for every season.

Christine said...

I love it! What a great b-day idea! And you are still a youngin' girl! Afterall - you STILL fit into a TU TU - that says a lot! Happy B-Day!

The Facers said...

Happy Birthday Miss Hawker! Im so glad I found your blog, I miss your cute face. Next time you come into town we must do lunch or dinner...MUST!

Morgan and Stuart said...

HI!!!! I just found you through a blog through a blog through a blog but I'm so glad I did!! I miss you! Happy birthday (late)!

Linda Bandley said...

THat is the cutest... you have many friends!! Looks fun and you are pretty!

Cody and Britt said...

Ashton! How cute are you!! I absolutely love that you had a Tutu bday party!! I miss you girl!

The Proctors said...

See! You make a comment on my blog and now I can magically blog stalk you! sounds like you had a blast over the summer! I am totally with you, it went way too fast.

Nicki said...

So to be honest, I'm a little jealous of your tutu. And don't worry, you aren't too old yet. When you hit the quarter of a century mark maybe... but you're still young for a few more years ;)